clicksor

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Poor George

Poor George. He lives across the street, and is tied to a short chain most of the day and night. He is supposed to be a guard dog, in a very secure village....How could anyone not notice George? He was always barking not to protect the house, but because he was angry and mean and his tail was always down. who wouldn't be mad if one were treated like that? So one night I threw biscuits at him and he ate them. His tail was still down, but he liked the dog biscuits.
The next day I noticed he was watching our car as we drove in late at night. I knew he had recognized me. As I threw him more biscuits, I noticed he would sit down, as if to show me that though cautious, he thought I was not a bad human. My goal was to make George's tail go up. And in due time, it did.
George is friendly to me now, but he's not a happy dog. Askals make great guard dogs but that doesn't mean you have to tie them up all the time to make them scarier. They will protect you because they love you. At least, that's my askal philosophy.
I wish there were a happy ending to this. I wish the owners would let George run around their spacious garden. I wish they would regard him more as a pet, and then they would benefit from the amazing love that you can get when an askal is grateful. It's worth all the supposed protection you would have otherwise gotten from the dog in the first place.

12 comments:

Lima y Limón said...

Hey, thanks again for the comment, and let me tell you that I feel very pleasure knowing that you take the time to read my blog, although it has some difficult words sometimes! If any time you don’t understand the texts and you are interested in the meaning of those words, just let me know and I’ll try to translate it for you, at least some parts…

Celar said...

Mona, I have seen a lot of George in my neighborhood and to a nearby villages with big houses...make me tell Peso how lucky he is and Pissy too...

Blue said...

Poor George I shed a tear for him & for you atempting to give him a little affection in the form of doggy biscuits.

Thanks for your kind words yesterday - I am very down @ the moment.
So learning an unwelcome individual had found my blog after specically excluding them, because of the grief they gave me on my original blog really upset me - it still does.
In the middle of last night I got up with the intention to delete both blogs, only caring comments like yours prevented me.
I may make my blog private but rest asured you will be one of the first to get an invite.

Love
Blue

Marcela said...

Hello
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. Your spanish is great!!! Better than my english.
I hope to see you soon,
Marcela ( from Argentina)

THE ZOO said...

Poor poor George. i wish his owners could spend 1 day in his life. Dogs arent meant to be tied to chains in a small area. at least he has a small bright spot in his life with you. i cant stand these types of owners. a dog that loves you and is loved is the best type of guard dog. why should a mistreated pet protect the family that mistreats him. i have a stray i rescued and he has proven himself, even in the first 48 hours of living with me, because we showed him kindness and love and he loves us back too.

euthymic said...

A Marcela, y Lima y Limon, muchas gracias! Me gusta much tus blogs porque ellos son original y causa pensada. Gracias para visitar mi blog tambien!

abrazos:)

euthymic said...

Hi zoo,

i agree with you completely. my neighbor next door rescued a stray dog named cookie, and cookie is so grateful and takes her job as guard dog seriously and proudly.

the sad part is, the owners of George are very good people. i love their children and the parents are very kind too. i think a lot of people have this mindset about askals and there is so much that needs to be done to change this mindset. that's one of the reasons i tend to give so much attention to askals in the first place.

Celar said...

mona I have a comment here I didn't know what happened why it did not register.... yes poor george hope we can open minds of others about askals.... I am proud I have peso....

I will try to talk to someone about copy Peso portion at imbestigador, I will need to request for gma to give me copy but it may take a long time... I have known someone who can copy it while it is being aired, if this won't have copy right issue, then I can probably upload it at youtube.. thanks a lot for reading my blog and for supporting Peso's career hahaha

euthymic said...

maricel, i am sooooo proud of what you are doing, opening people's minds and hearts to askals through your stories of Peso and Pissy. It's an important commitment you and i share to these wonderful native dogs!!!!

euthymic said...

Thanks Blue, be strong. i don't know who that awful individual is, but let me say there was a time i kept getting sent these viruses. i would just check them out in the blog section of google, turned out others knew of those viruses and had also received them.

don't let anyone push you away from what you started. THEY must leave, not you.

F. said...

Thank you so much for your very kind comment on my blog post. I see from your love of dogs, but also your reaching out to send me encouraging words, that you are a good human. God bless you.

Celar said...

Mona, my third article regarding peso's condition will be published on Sept. 2008 issue of animal scene the title is "Super Peso Lives..."